This salad is easy to make, tasty, high in protein, fiber, and omega-3s. With the addition of walnuts and turmeric you get added flavor and anti-inflammatory benefits. It’s a salad for the ageless you! If you have any other fresh greens around, add them, and if you want to make it more substantial throw in a little quinoa or freekeh. This curried salmon salad is perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight dinner.
Curried Salmon Salad
(serves 2, with leftovers, which keep for about 2 days)
(all ingredients preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup olive oil, add more if needed
- Juice from 1 lemon, add more if needed
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, add more if needed
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cans wild salmon in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 medium apple (pink lady, fuji, or granny smith)
- 12 raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 heart of romaine, broken into bite-sized pieces
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until creamy. Taste, adjust seasoning, add more lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper as needed.
- In a bowl combine salmon, celery, celery greens, red onion, walnuts, and apple with half the dressing. Using a little of the dressing, separately dress the greens. Serve the salmon salad over the dressed greens, drizzle more dressing as needed.
About the Author: Tania Van Pelt is the creator of Happiness Series. After working in film, she realized that creating content for an online world that moves and inspires people is where it's at. She loves the immediacy and the vibrancy of working online. Tania created Happiness Series because she wants to empower people to live healthier, longer, more joyful lives through fitness, nutrition, stress management and integrative wellness. After years of research and practical application, she is excited about the newest project, Ageless Diet™. Ageless Diet is a lifestyle that promotes an Ageless You. Because getting older doesn't have to mean aging, and losing weight doesn't have to be hard. Happiness Series and Ageless Diet are going in new directions, bringing people together in beautiful settings with retreats and conferences. Books and a cooking series are soon to follow. Tania also recently completed her sitcom web/TV series pilot Employees Only, at http://employeesonly.tv.