This salad is easy to make, tasty, high in protein, fiber, and omega-3s. With the addition of walnuts and turmeric you get added flavor and anti-inflammatory benefits. It’s a salad for the ageless you! If you have any other fresh greens around, add them, and if you want to make it more substantial throw in a little quinoa or freekeh. This curried salmon salad is perfect for lunch or a quick weeknight dinner.
Curried Salmon Salad
(serves 2, with leftovers, which keep for about 2 days)
(all ingredients preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup olive oil, add more if needed
- Juice from 1 lemon, add more if needed
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, add more if needed
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cans wild salmon in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 1 medium apple (pink lady, fuji, or granny smith)
- 12 raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 heart of romaine, broken into bite-sized pieces
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until creamy. Taste, adjust seasoning, add more lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper as needed.
- In a bowl combine salmon, celery, celery greens, red onion, walnuts, and apple with half the dressing. Using a little of the dressing, separately dress the greens. Serve the salmon salad over the dressed greens, drizzle more dressing as needed.
About the Author: Tania Van Pelt is the creator of Happiness Series. She is a writer and content creator, working in film, tv, and online. She wrote the popular lifestyle book "Ageless Diet," published in late 2015. And she is currently working on her next book. She also developed a sitcom pilot set in the restaurant business called "Employees Only TV" and is developing another web series comedy about Denver.